Photo

Google Image search issue just started

Best Answer Michael Manning, 20 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

So, out of the blue image search started working again. And it looks kind of like it was a glitch on Googles side that was throttling how many results it would allow to display. Coincidentally it all started a day or so after net neutrality was repealed 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

I am assuming this is a WSG issue, but maybe a it's a nextgen firewall issue?

Over the last day or so I have started to notice that when using Google for image searches only 3 rows of results, or 20 thumbnails max are visible on the Images tab and all the rest show up a placeholders. This is the result regardless of the browser. If I do an image search with Bing I do not have the same issue. If I move the computer outside the firewall and do an image search with Google I also do not have the same issue. 

No network changes. The ONLY thing I changed recently was to add an exclusion to allow a specific unrelated URL.

No firmware updates prior to this issue starting.

SafeSearch is NOT enabled.

It is ONLY an issue with Google image search and ONLY behind the nextgen firewall/web security gateway which I assume rules out any endpoint malware protection (McAfee)

Thank you

#2 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:47 PM   Best Answer

So, out of the blue image search started working again. And it looks kind of like it was a glitch on Googles side that was throttling how many results it would allow to display. Coincidentally it all started a day or so after net neutrality was repealed