Photo

Ho To Uninstall BMA

BMA Outlook

Best Answer Cain Random, 03 July 2018 - 02:16 PM

Shaun, this means that you have a GPO software deployment policy for the add-in assigned to either your user or your machine.  You'll need to either remove that policy if you want to update the software manually, or update the policy with the updated add-in.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shaun

Shaun
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

I am having a slight issue on one of our machines. Im not sure how/why, but I am unable to install or uninstall any version of BMA Outlook Add-in. If I attempt to install an older version, I receive an error stating that a newer version already exists. If I try and install the current version (.113), I receive an error stating that a version has been installed via GPO and that the installer (for .113) cannot be used to upgrade this version. If i try to uninstall (I found the msi file and package code), it says it only works for products currently installed. Mind you, BMA does NOT show up in Add/Remove programs list. I was able to manually install the MSI file for the newer version, but it didnt show up in Outlook.

#2 Cain Random

Cain Random
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:16 PM   Best Answer

Shaun, this means that you have a GPO software deployment policy for the add-in assigned to either your user or your machine.  You'll need to either remove that policy if you want to update the software manually, or update the policy with the updated add-in.