SSL VPN "Maintenance"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elliot Montrone

Elliot Montrone
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:42 PM

I am really disappointed in the this product at this time, and it is casting a shadow over what I once thought was a company that offered some really good services and excellent support.  Even while paying for "energizer updates" i am being told all too often that because the product is in "Maintenance" mode, there will be no new development or even documentation supporting the existing product.  

What happens if I purchased a five year IR and MS or Apple push out OS updates that completely break the Standalone agent, requiring a complete re-development of the software?  

Also, this response for assistance sucks "Unfortunately our documentation does not include screen shots for every operating system. Since the device is in maintenance mode, no updates to the documentation are being made."

Great Job.

#2 Tim Warr

Tim Warr
  • Product Managers
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:13 AM

Hi Elliott,

Thanks for your post and all the details. Sorry to hear that you are frustrated with our product.

As you mentioned, the Barracuda SSL VPN Product is in ‘Maintenance Mode’. We did this so that we could invest our development effort in a much better Remote Access, VPN and SSL VPN solution, based on the CloudGen Firewall and the CudaLaunch App, that meets the demands of mobile devices and the demise of Java Applets in the browser. More details are here:https://www.barracuda.com/products/nextgenfirewall-f/cudalaunch

I imagine you have already seen this, but for reference, more details are here:https://community.barracudanetworks.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28676-barracuda-ssl-vpn-in-maintenance-mode/

We recommend that current Barracuda SSL VPN customers consider evaluating the new Remote Access Features on the CloudGen Firewall. Our Sales Team can arrange a free evaluation of the CloudGen Firewall and our Support Team can help with the setup. Once customers are happy with their new setup, our Sales Team can help migrate remaining energize update and other subscriptions to the CloudGen Firewall. 

If you would like me to arrange for someone to reach out to your directly to arrange this, please send me a private message on this forum with your details and I can set this up.