Photo

CUDA Launch Certificate Issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Lucas

Daniel Lucas
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I've setup a  SSL-VPN Service on our firewall (VF1000) for evaluation.

"Web Application" and "Network Places" are working flawless but RDP-Connections and Generic Tunnels producing an error in CUDA-Lauch:

08:31:53.320 [INFO] ($fqdn_domain) Connected to '$fqdn_domain'
08:32:06.307 [INFO] ($fqdn_domain) Tunnel port_forward_Terminalserver is now connecting
08:32:06.317 [INFO] ($fqdn_domain) Tunnel port_forward_Terminalserver is now connected (127.0.0.1:63160)
08:32:11.924 [INFO] ($fqdn_domain) Tunnel error: remote tunnel error: Error: unable to verify the first certificate
08:32:11.925 [INFO] ($fqdn_domain) Tunnel port_forward_Terminalserver is now disconnected

I'm using a wildcard certificate from swisssign and I've already imported the CA-Certificate in the firewall.

Sorry for my language but english is not my first language.

Thanks.

#2 Gavin Chappell

Gavin Chappell
  • Moderators
  • 441 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

This is to do with a missing certificate chain - there's an old post I made on here which explains the problem and how to fix it, check back in a few minutes and I'll link it here

#3 Bryan Smeets

Bryan Smeets
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:47 AM

I have exactly the same issue here; RDP worked well and all of a sudden there is something wrong with the first certificate. Strangely enough I just found out RDP works when I connect directly to the WAN IP address, but then there is of course a certificate warning when I try to connect to internal web pages.

#4 Gavin Chappell

Gavin Chappell
  • Moderators
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:02 AM

I have exactly the same issue here; RDP worked well and all of a sudden there is something wrong with the first certificate. Strangely enough I just found out RDP works when I connect directly to the WAN IP address, but then there is of course a certificate warning when I try to connect to internal web pages.

This is probably because the mismatch between the hostname on the certificate and the IP you put into CudaLaunch means you have to accept the warning that your certificate is not valid, which disables almost all certificate validation (out of necessity) for that session.

Looks like I forgot to link the original article when I last responded here, so here it is: https://community.ba...rom-cudalaunch/

#5 Bryan Smeets

Bryan Smeets
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:01 AM

That was exactly what I oversaw: The chain file. It works, thanks!!

#6 Uday Gandu

Uday Gandu
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:56 AM

Hi Everyone

I am having the same issue, from Yesterday onwards

RDP worked well and all of a sudden there is something wrong, all servers getting same error mesaage

Please find the certificate pattern as well, and the certificates are valid. 

Please advise is there anything do we need to do or do i need to rebuild the certificate and test to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance team

Kind Regards

Uday