Delays with google email

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Arnold

Doug Arnold
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:06 AM

I am getting a lot of complaints about delayed google based email messages (2 - 12 hrs).  The delays appear to be between google servers when analyzing the header information but our staff isn't buying that answer. Barracuda support confirmed the same analysis.  

As a test I had a message sent to our gmail account and it goes thru very quick.  Yet to arrive to our business email using using the barracuda email security system.

#2 David Hoodenpyle

David Hoodenpyle
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:34 PM

I think you will find this due to gmail semi-requiring SPF records on the sender domain.  Go to the Advanced tab, Queue Management, click on one of the emails to gmail, view source and you will see a line with SPF reason with a FAIL.  You can re-queue the messages and after several re-queue they will go through a few at a time.  So somehow gmail is limiting/deferring any domain without an SPF record to force you to add an SPF record.  Of course the emails will re-queue on their own and eventually be delivered (the delays of which you are seeing).  You will need to add an SPF records similar to this: "v=spf1 mx a ptr ip4:999.999.999.999/32 ~all" to your domain.  Read up on SPF records.  Where 999.999.999.999 is your mx records ipaddress.  Once this is added to your DNS records on the web the propagation is usually pretty quick this days (less that 10 minutes), but could take a day or more. 

#3 Bean Patricia

Bean Patricia
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

There are various email platforms where we can send emails easily. I am using the Gmail for emailing. In the last week, I also found that it takes a lot of time when I was replying to other, then I contact to https://googlesupport.co/gmail-customer-support/and solved my issue. It really worked for me. So you can also check and can solve your issue.