Photo

What happens when your subscription expires?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robert carsey

robert carsey
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

Just a FYI..

The appliance's Dashboard states that your "Energize Updates" expires on yyyy-mm-dd ..  what happens on the expiration date?

The language on the Dashboard is misleading.  Of course, as probably expected, you will not receive any new virus/spam definition updates.  But you also lose the ability to manage the device --  want to look at historical items in the Message log? nope.  You know all those messages that were left in your Quarantine queue before expir.. you guessed it.. nope..  they'll sit there forever. 

That's all OK though, because your appliance won't accept any new messages anyway.  You may as well just turn it off and re-route your mail flow around it.

#2 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:13 AM

Just a FYI..

The appliance's Dashboard states that your "Energize Updates" expires on yyyy-mm-dd ..  what happens on the expiration date?

The language on the Dashboard is misleading.  Of course, as probably expected, you will not receive any new virus/spam definition updates.  But you also lose the ability to manage the device --  want to look at historical items in the Message log? nope.  You know all those messages that were left in your Quarantine queue before expir.. you guessed it.. nope..  they'll sit there forever. 

That's all OK though, because your appliance won't accept any new messages anyway.  You may as well just turn it off and re-route your mail flow around it.

seriously? Not that I intend to let my sub expire until I migrate to hosted Exchange, but you can't manage it at all? Like you can't access it?