Photo

Error 550 when sending Office 365 outbound mail

outbound error 550

Best Answer Manuel Cantueso, 23 August 2018 - 05:51 AM

This is now resolved, support have to enable the IP ranges for you. In the documentation it describes this as "If you have not already done so, contact Barracuda Technical Support and request that Outbound Groups be enabled on your Barracuda Email Security Service account" which to me isn't very clear what it is talking about, it should at least say outbound groups for Office 365 IP ranges or something IMHO,

thanks, Andy.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Manuel Cantueso

Manuel Cantueso
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:37 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to configure outbound mail to go via the ESS from Office 365 but we are getting the error 550 Relaying Denied from ESS when validating the connector in Office 365. Looking at what I can change in ESS I see that I can configure IPs in "Sender IP Adress Ranges" but initially I can only put single IPs, and at best it seems I can add /24 ranges (untested), neither of which is ideal if I have to add all the Microsoft ranges for Office 365. Anyone done this and have the correct solution?

thanks in advance, Andy.

#2 Manuel Cantueso

Manuel Cantueso
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:51 AM   Best Answer

This is now resolved, support have to enable the IP ranges for you. In the documentation it describes this as "If you have not already done so, contact Barracuda Technical Support and request that Outbound Groups be enabled on your Barracuda Email Security Service account" which to me isn't very clear what it is talking about, it should at least say outbound groups for Office 365 IP ranges or something IMHO,

thanks, Andy.