• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Frey (xhosting)

Patrick Frey (xhosting)
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:30 AM

Hello Maxwell

We really need a function to block Macros in the Cloud Email Security solution. There is a new wave of macro viruses embedded in .doc Files.

There seems to be a feature request for that for a long time: #BNESS-6009 

It was alreay implented in 2016 for the appliance, after a long waiting time: https://community.ba...h-macros/page-6

This is a real threat and we need an option, to put all Office files with macros in it, in quarantine.

Thanks and best regards.

Patrick

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:17 PM

Hello Patrick,

I think this is a feature with the internal number BNESS-3696. I do not work on the Email Security solution, but I tried to hunt that down for you. Feel free to call into support and mention that number if you need more info.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager

#3 Patrick Frey (xhosting)

Patrick Frey (xhosting)
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

Hey Maxwell

Thank you so much for looking into it. I already called the support here in EMEA and they just gave me the number above and had no mor info about the implementation. Any Idea when this feature will show the light of day? Since when is it in the system, as it was implemented in the appliances in 2016! We really need that to keep useres save.

Thanks and best regards.

Patrick

#4 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

You'll want to try the ESS forums. It's really outside my organization / sphere of knowledge, so I have no idea how they are implementing it. Or call into support and ask them to get a product manager to reply, perhaps?

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager