Photo

How to verify if MSAD Authentication is succeeded?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mohammed

Mohammed
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:04 AM

Hi,

I have configured MSAD Authentication, but I dont see a way to verify if the information I inserted is valid.

how to verify it ?

thanks,

#2 Michael Zoller

Michael Zoller
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:03 AM

Currently there is no "test authentication" feature available. Simply configure the service to use the authentication scheme you just configured and then check the authentication log file for any potential error messages.

#3 Manuel Huber

Manuel Huber
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:46 AM

You can use phibstest utility to check if you can authenticate against MSAD:

https://campus.barra...iaDz3-P-yZ&so=3

#4 Wayne Ash | Alliance Business Technologies

Wayne Ash | Alliance Business Technologies
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:39 PM

on the topis of MSAD authentication, we have number of client F18 device set to MSAD inbound C2S barracuda vpn connections. the  AD server is in azure which connects back to barracuda via a ipsec v2 tunnel.

random timeouts occur, and now using local NGLOCAL database to authenticate until issue is resolved.

is there a log detailing all MSAD connections to determine cause of the MSAD timeouts?

Regards,

Wayne Ash

Australia

#5 Michael Zoller

Michael Zoller
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:05 AM

You can increase the timeout setting for the Authentication services in the Timeout and Logging section. By default it is set to 10 seconds. Since this is quite a long time already, I would look more toward the connectivity and why the authentication request is taking that long. If it is the local phibs (authentication) service that is causing the issue, please contact support so they can work through the issue with you.

Logs can be found at Control/AuthService in the LOGS tab.