Photo

Network Error with Red Cross, but no error?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dale

Dale
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

Hi All,

Bit of a strange one. I've set up an F280 NGFW running the latest firmware and I've got a red cross next to the 'Network' page in the control menu, and also on the dashboard. However when I go through all of the pages on the network control page everything has a green tick and there are no errors. Anyone had similar and know what this could be or how to clear it? 

Thanks

#2 Michael Zoller

Michael Zoller
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:54 AM

If you have already closed Firewall Admin and reconnected to the firewall, then please open up a support ticket. They can check why this status is displayed and if there is a bug in the visualization or a configuration error causing this.

#3 Manuel Huber

Manuel Huber
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:30 AM

We have such issues pretty often and a restart of Control daemon helps, unless there is a real issue of course.

#4 Dale

Dale
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:03 AM

We have such issues pretty often and a restart of Control daemon helps, unless there is a real issue of course.

How do you do this? I'm pretty sure there are no issues, and running the 'verify active network connection' tool doesn't return any errors.

#5 Manuel Huber

Manuel Huber
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:42 AM

Connect to the box, go to Control -> Server - Service Status and click on the + next to box. There you can see several of the box services. Mark Control, click ight mouse button and then "restart service". You will lose connection by doing so but simply reconnect, it doesn´t interrupt anything.

#6 Dale

Dale
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for that Manuel. Unfortunately the red cross is still there. Strangely, the red cross isn't there on the HA box. Again though there are no other red crosses at all under control > Network, and running the 'verify active network connection' tool returns 'no obvious critical consistency errors'.