Web Security Agent

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GPS

GPS
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

Hi Folks, been having a problem with the WSA Agent or the Web Security Agent on our devices. We are an all Windows shop running Windows 10, we have the WSA Agent installed on most all of our staff laptops. To often we have issues with the agent not disabling and going inline when on the local network. Sometimes is takes a few moments for the agent to go inline, other times it takes 3 - 5 minutes, other times it simply will not go inline at all until you reboot once or twice and other times it just simply won't go inline. 

When I am on a laptop having the issue I am able to ping successfully our Web Filter. I am able to ping by IP Address and I am able to ping via host name. WSA Agent is set to speak to the web filter by hostname via default port 8280. Version of the agent is 5.0.3.1 and we are on a wireless network. 

One of my questions is what exactly is the WSA agent using to speak to the web filter to allow it to go inline? 

#2 Ben Bartle

Ben Bartle
  • Moderators
  • 136 posts
  • LocationCampbell CA

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

GPS

WSA agent injects information into the headers when it sends requests, WSG should detect these header messages and feedback to the WSA that it is behind a WSG and it should "fail open" and allow WSG to apply policy. 

Please reference our article on WSA with WSG.

https://campus.barra...iaDz3-QO3M&so=1

Thank you 

Ben

Ben Bartle

Product Manager - Web Security Gateway

Technical Marketing Engineer 

Content and Network Security @ Barracuda Networks