Email Forwarding Restriction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vaibhav

Vaibhav
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:29 AM

Presently BMA having the facility to enable and disable the forwarding option, but once we enable the forwarding option user can able to forward the emails to external domain as well.

In Compliance audit, its capture as a non-compliance , please let us know is there any facility to achieve the same.

Call me on [9619490515],if require more details.

Regards,

Vaibhav M

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

If you're using Exchange, this functionality already exists. You can restrict which domains the Archiver can send to - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/policy-and-compliance/mail-flow-rules/actions?view=exchserver-2019

I'll certainly bring this up with the developers, but you should be able to do this today without modifying anything on the Archiver.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager

#3 Vaibhav

Vaibhav
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately we are not using the Exchange,.

As we have integrated this with LDAP, will it be possible to use LDAP and allow only the local domain ?

If you're using Exchange, this functionality already exists. You can restrict which domains the Archiver can send to - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/policy-and-compliance/mail-flow-rules/actions?view=exchserver-2019

I'll certainly bring this up with the developers, but you should be able to do this today without modifying anything on the Archiver.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

#4 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:30 AM

There should be a way to set up transport rules in most mail servers, and that would solve this problem - try looking around the web for documentation on that. I'll get a feature request opened up regardless, though, thanks for writing in.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff