Photo

Why was my IP blacklisted by Barracuda RBL?

blacklist rbl

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Terence Pek

Terence Pek
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:27 PM

Hi there,

Yesterday, at around 8.00 a.m. (GMT +8), my IP address 206.189.87.249 was listed by Barracuda as being on their blacklist. Is there any way I can find out why that is the case? I looked through my mail.log, as well as the emails sent, and I could not find anything that would cause my IP to be blacklisted. I have also set up SPF, DKIM and DMARC for all of my domains.

I sent Barracuda a removal request yesterday at http://www.barracudacentral.org/rbl/removal-request, but it still hasn't been processed, and emailreg.com is also down. Barracuda is the only banlist that has listed my IP on its banlist. Would be great if I could know why I was blacklisted, so I can rectify this issue, or if I was banned because I was in a subnet range that Barracuda has listed.

#2 Arthi Ramamurthy

Arthi Ramamurthy
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:47 AM

Hello Pek,

Thank you for contacting Barracuda Networks!

I have investigated the requested IP and it was blocked due a range 206.189.84.0/22. As i couldn't see any spam activity under this, have requested for removal. Please allow 2-24hours for the changes to propagate. Going forward for any of the request removal, please do contact us through the following email address "intent@barracuda.com. 

Regards,

Arthi.R

#3 Terence Pek

Terence Pek
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:16 AM

Hi Arthi,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Appreciate it.

#4 Nuna

Nuna
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:36 PM

Hi Arthi,

Please see my IP range 111.90.159.xxx blacklisted. Most of the IP's. What is the issue?