external tag

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 City of Galveston

City of Galveston
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:37 PM

It would be nice to be able to add a tag to all external inbound emails such as [External]. I know it can be done in Exchange but would be a nice feature for Barracuda to add.

Thanks!

#2 Rod Lewis

Rod Lewis
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:33 AM

I agree wholeheartedly!  This is a feature that should be in this appliance.  While it can be done in Exchange, it is still possible to miss email based on spoofing.  With the appliance, there is never any doubt that incoming email is all [External].  No reason this feature shouldn't be in there!

#3 Forrest Mook

Forrest Mook
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:44 PM

I agree, I can't imagine it would be difficult for Barracuda to add this feature, and I know many people have requested it over the years.   Count me in as another user that requests this feature.

#4 LeeAnn Childers

LeeAnn Childers
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

Under Email Security > Inbound Settings > Anti-Phishing there's an option for External Sender Warning. This appends a message to the top if the incoming email instead of appending [EXTERNAL] to the subject line, but provides the same awareness. The warning says: CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking links, especially from unknown senders.

#5 jp1

jp1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:11 AM

This is actually very helpful!

Is there a way to edit/customize the message? 

If not, it's still very usable in stock form.

#6 Dmitry Zagadsky

Dmitry Zagadsky
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:09 AM

This feature only works if you are using the Cloud Protection layer in conjunction with an on-prem device. If you open a support ticket, you can have someone customize it. I don't understand why there isn't just an interface to customize it yourself similar to outgoing footers. Some people in support don't know that this is possible- I assure you it is very possible.

#7 Chad Fisette

Chad Fisette
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:37 PM

Would be nice if you could turn this on for individual users to test the functionality before deploying globally.

#8 Jaybone

Jaybone
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:10 PM

The problem with prepending the message is that it breaks message preview in email clients.