• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Stone

Timothy Stone
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

Hi all,

I am backing up a lot of Virtual Machines on tape and I am getting these errors ONLY on my two virtual servers and I don't know what It means and why it ONLY picks these two servers.

I am doing a "FULL VERIFY", but if changes are happening on all of my VM's while it's doing a full verify, why wouldn't all my virtual machines show up and not just only these two?

\Network\HYPERV1\Hyper-V Virtual Machines
Error 4410: Object verify different Ver: Online - RDS1

\Network\HYPERV666\Hyper-V Virtual Machines
Error 4410: Object verify different Ver: Online - WEB1

#2 Jim Peters

Jim Peters
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:20 PM

You should know that YSB is a product that has reached its end-of-life.    In this case that was late in 2017.

The most direct advice I can give you is to go here and read the release note details to understand whether your situation is something that the version of YSB you have and are using with your servers is something that can possibly work: https://campus.barra.../release-notes/

I am afraid I haven't worked enough with Hyper-V virtuals in YSB to be much help.   But I do believe all it is doing to copy them is make a big binary byte-for-byte copy.  Also because it does lock the virtual while backing up, I think that whatever copy it makes is state-of-the-art at the moment it came along to create the snapshot.     For sure, YSB is not sophisticated about doing backups with hyper-visors whether they be Hyper-V or VMWare.   It relatively recently that support for VMWare / Hyper-V was added.    So don't expect it to be smart, do compression, know what change-block-tracking is or de-duplication.     

#3 Timothy Stone

Timothy Stone
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:22 AM

You should know that YSB is a product that has reached its end-of-life.    In this case that was late in 2017.

The most direct advice I can give you is to go here and read the release note details to understand whether your situation is something that the version of YSB you have and are using with your servers is something that can possibly work: https://campus.barra.../release-notes/

I am afraid I haven't worked enough with Hyper-V virtuals in YSB to be much help.   But I do believe all it is doing to copy them is make a big binary byte-for-byte copy.  Also because it does lock the virtual while backing up, I think that whatever copy it makes is state-of-the-art at the moment it came along to create the snapshot.     For sure, YSB is not sophisticated about doing backups with hyper-visors whether they be Hyper-V or VMWare.   It relatively recently that support for VMWare / Hyper-V was added.    So don't expect it to be smart, do compression, know what change-block-tracking is or de-duplication.     

Yeah, I know it's not supported much anymore.  We have moved on to Veeam for the newer servers, but we still have a few stragglers being backed up on Tape instead of RDX like with the newer servers.

I am not too worried about it, but wanted to check to see if anyone was still here if they knew anything about it.  We are using like 6.xx (whatever the last version was) of Yosemite.

#4 Hobosapien

Hobosapien
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:17 PM

That helped me solve my problem, thank you!