2fa ESS email security Mult Factor Authentication

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ted Salter

Ted Salter
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:48 PM

It's amazing that Barracuda claims to be an email security platform but is one of the the most vulnerable platforms anyone could implement in their environment. Multi Factor Authentication, or 2fa, is clearly not just an nicety anymore for enterprise but a standard requirement. That fact that Barracuda does not support or offer this basic protection for access to every users's email accounts (ESS) is crazy. Apparently there aren't any plans in the near future to implement? When I mentioned this at the many conferences I attend, I am met with unbelief. 

A user name and password is all that is needed to access your email from anyone anywhere with no tracking. Barracuda, can you please respond as to your justifications for this blatant security vulnerability in your platform ( ESS)?

Alternatively, if in the plans, please let us know when we can expect. Been waiting over two years now.

#2 John Taylor

John Taylor
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 AM

This question just came up for us as well - very disappointed to see that there isn't any traction on this issue.