External Sender Warning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Haar

Mike Haar
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:07 AM

The inbound email External Sender Warning is in regular black text. I would like to request the ability to change the text color and to be able to add formatting like bold or italics.

#2 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

The Barracuda ESG has an External Sender warning feature? When did that get added? Folks have been asking for that for quite some time.

#3 Mike Haar

Mike Haar
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

It was recently announced in the April product update newsletter. Just go to Cloud Control - Inbound Settings - Anti-Phishing to turn it on or off.

#4 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:43 AM

So is it a feature available on the Email Security Gateway appliance or the cloud service Email Security Service? The way I read the newsletter was that it was a new feature for the Email Security Service

Nevermind, I see it in the Cloud Protection Layer settings now

#5 Thomas J Henry

Thomas J Henry
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:16 PM

I agree. give us control over the message.

#6 Phillip Moses

Phillip Moses
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:38 AM

Hey, I just saw this thread. I was able to add a banner for external (incoming) email through Exchange using a transport rule. This allowed me to customize a background color and bold text. If you are interested, I'm glad to help. Also, could you see my feature request for some reporting of the effectiveness of the CPL... If you could light it up so they see it as "HOT" maybe they will add the feature. -Thanks,

#7 Casey Schneider

Casey Schneider
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:00 AM

Ditto! Users are complaining too much about the verbiage being too long as well as it taking up all of the preview, sometimes even when 2 line previews are enabled! Boy they hate me right now!

#8 Jesse Sawyer

Jesse Sawyer
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

Is anyone able to share a screenshot of what the ESW looks like in Outlook? Director wants to enable the setting but is asking what'll look like.