Photo

SPAM Trap that automatically blacklists server IP addresses

SPAMTrap email filter IP Address Policies automatic Email Security blacklist Detection inbound IP Address

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Derek Triolet

Derek Triolet
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:38 PM

I would like you to add the ability for users to create trap email address in the inbound email filters for Email Security

For example if I were to configure  trap@mydomain.com as my trap email address anyone that sends email to this address is sending illegitimate emails to my domain and therefore should be blocked.

automatically bock or quarantine all email from the IP address of the sending server, preventing them from sending anything to any user in my domain.

if the IP address is that of a standard email provider such as gmail.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com, microsoft live or barracuda then block the combined IP address and email of the sender and ideally report the sender to the email provider

The list of standard email providers could also be a configurable list

All one has to do is add their trap email address to their website in the same colour as the background in small text and in an area no user would ever hit by accident.  The spammers who rely on bots to capture email addresses from websites will fall into the trap.

#2 Hobosapien

Hobosapien
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

I was very disturbed by email spammers. But when I started using  the problem disappeared.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SPAMTrap, email filter, IP Address Policies, automatic, Email Security, blacklist, Detection, inbound, IP Address