Delay in receiving external emails

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MetalSpork

MetalSpork
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:29 PM

I am new to this product, and come from the onsite appliance.  Today we had a 13 minute gap (4:01 EDT and 4:14 EDT) that we did not see any emails come in externally, I was sending emails from outside our gateway to my email account, but they were not showing up in the Email Security Gateway or inbox, they started showing up slowly after 4:14.  According to support, there is no issue on there end.  We are using GoDaddy for DNS.  Has anyone had any issues similar to this?  

#2 Phillip Moses

Phillip Moses
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:19 AM

I have had issues that involved messages queuing up in the ESG because the mail queue (Exchange) did not have enough headroom. Once I resolved the space issue on the front-end server, mail flow returned to normal.

Do you relay through the CPL? If you are not seeing them at the perimeter, it's difficult to call it your problem.

#3 Joseph M

Joseph M
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:35 PM

We had a lot of emails delayed from 3:30PM EDT to 5:00PM EDT approximately.  During that time some mail was going through while test emails I sent took over an hour.  I called support around 4:30PM EDT and the person I talked to knew about the problem. I have a monitor that sends regular test emails and it was sporadically getting rejected by the barracuda servers during that time.

#4 BRIAN RODBURG

BRIAN RODBURG
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

I too experience delays.  I came from an onsite hosted exchange and svf, users were used to scanning at copier and returning to their desk with an email/scan waiting for them.  Now it takes minimum 10 minutes, sometimes over an hour for the copier to send out to hosted exchange, pass through ESS, and go back to exchange.  I'm not whitelisting the default smtp email address and I haven't found a workaround for email.  Yes, I have a file share option at the copier.  If anyone has a suggestion (using the scan to pdf and email method) I'd love to know it.