• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michele A Cassone

Michele A Cassone
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

Hi,

I have users that need to receive email from constant contact email service.  However, I don't ever even see them hitting the Email Security Gateway. Is there something Barracuda does to bounce it before it even gets to our gateway? Or could it be something else?

thanks,

~Michele A Cassone

#2 Phillip Moses

Phillip Moses
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

I think the burden of proof is on the sender until he can hit your perimeter. Are you using CPL? You could look there.

Also, make sure you are not blacklisting the IPs.

#3 Irv Schor

Irv Schor
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

Another possibility, which I am currently troubleshooting, is spoof protection.  Some of our internal staff is trying to use CC to keep internal personnel up to date on 'stuff'.  However, the from domain they are using is their current domain, and we enforce spoof protection.  The challenge I'm seeing is that I'm not going to exempt the large range of CC IPs and trust them at this time.   I'm currently awaiting a response from CC, but this may not be the same issue as yours.

#4 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:40 AM

I haven't looked at CC issues in a while, but back a few years ago I reached out to them and was specifically told to whitelist specific IPs to assure their email campaigns are delivered. If I remember correctly there was a time when individual CC accounts had permanent email addresses and could be whitelisted that way, but they shifted away from that and instructed admins to use the hammer approach of allowing entire IP ranges. Kind of a sneaky way to allow all their email to pass through if you ask me.

#5 Nik martina

Nik martina
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

Your opinions helps me to resolve my issue. thanks for sharing it.