Photo

BMA Stats: Number of archived mailboxes?

Best Answer Maxwell Lazaroff, 11 June 2019 - 01:29 PM

There's a few ways I can think to do that, but they might take a while depending on how much data you have.

1) You could go to the BASIC>Reports page and do an Email Activity Report. Set the number of rows to something huge. That will give you a report of who has sent how many items, and you could get the data from there.
2) You could go to the search page and run a search for something that grabs all mail, like a Date search for everything after 1970. Then use the "Export to CSV" under the Tools button to get a CSV file of information on every email in the system. You could parse that for what you need. This could take a LONG time to export.

Hope that helps, feel free to call into support if you want to talk to someone in person about it.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff
Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua T Church

Joshua T Church
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:52 AM

I see a lot of Archiver statistics on the Dashboard, but unless I'm missing it, I don't see the number of archived mailboxes. This would be helpful to know, as we're mid-migration from our old archiving solution and I need to get an idea of how much BMA has ingested. This will also be helpful in the future as we implement retention policies or remove active mailboxes from Exchange.

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 544 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:12 PM

Hello Joshua,

As of right now we do not have a concept of "users mailbox". Mailbox management is something we hope to implement in the future, but it's still quite a ways out and we don't have it on the roadmap. You can always check back in for updates in the future. Right now we just search things on a per-address level.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

#3 Joshua T Church

Joshua T Church
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:14 PM

Thank you for the reply! That poses a possible workaround though, is it possible to get a number (or spreadsheet) of the archived email addresses? (I could filter by domain if I had to and get the information I need that way)

#4 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 544 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:29 PM   Best Answer

There's a few ways I can think to do that, but they might take a while depending on how much data you have.

1) You could go to the BASIC>Reports page and do an Email Activity Report. Set the number of rows to something huge. That will give you a report of who has sent how many items, and you could get the data from there.
2) You could go to the search page and run a search for something that grabs all mail, like a Date search for everything after 1970. Then use the "Export to CSV" under the Tools button to get a CSV file of information on every email in the system. You could parse that for what you need. This could take a LONG time to export.

Hope that helps, feel free to call into support if you want to talk to someone in person about it.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

#5 Joshua T Church

Joshua T Church
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

Ok, that has got me pointed in the right direction I think. Thank you!