ReProvision of Azure WAF BYOL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Czymoch

Robert Czymoch
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:20 PM

We are in the process of moving to a new Azure Subscription and we need to redeploy to a new appliance. I noticed there are two WAF marketplace entries.

1) Barracuda CloudGen WAF ( this one allows for granular control of things like Disks and can deployed to any RG, no specification for firmware being used)

2) Barracuda CloudGen WAF for Azure Templates ( This one lets you choose the older 9.1 firmware, has to be deployed in an Empty RG and seems to use unmanaged disks).

In this scenario I need to deploy a new appliance, license it and restore from a version 9.2 backup. What is the best image to use? When re-provisioning should I choose the token method or request a trial and then restore from backup?

I got this from support but it seems a little different from my scenario ( I have the original license token)

https://campus.barra...ployed-on-cloud

Any help is appreciated.

#2 Robert Czymoch

Robert Czymoch
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:24 PM

So I guess there really isn't presence by Barracuda on this forum for this product? When I called support they really didn't seem to understand what I was asking.

#3 Aravindan Anandan

Aravindan Anandan
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:29 AM

Hi Robert,

Apologies for the late reply. You should choose the 1st option. Upon provisioning the VM, you will be able to upgrade the  firmware if needed to then restore the backup.