- Recently we started having issues with LDAP Authentication, so basically, it cannot identify anyone specifically.
- We had not made changes to domain or other policies that would affect Audit Logging on domain controllers prior to this problem showing up.
- When we checked with Barracuda staff on settings for the local security policy on one of our DC's, the audit settings were greyed out. I believe this is due to a domain policy taking precedence. Default DC policy has setting set as they require.
- We've set Default DC policy to audit for success and failure of log in events to satisfy the requirement from Barracuda, but I am still now operating without any user details. I've tried many things and policy changes to see if it would help logging, but nothing is working.
- Wondering if going back to the last Barracuda firmware might help. Not sure when the authentication broke, but I feel like I am chasing ghosts.
- I've deleted LDAP Settings and rules associated and set back up. I've made sure the Clients running on the DCs are on the latest version and match both settings and version-wise.
Where do I go from here? I've done two calls with support and cannot make this work. It keeps coming back to where they say the local security audit policy must show check marks in Success and failure boxes.