Highlighting Searched Word(s) in Message Preview

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Whitlow

Josh Whitlow
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:28 PM

Whenever I do search, I notice it highlights the word in the subject line if present, but not in the actual body of the email.

Is this functionality that can be enabled or am I missing something? Its very difficult to do a comprehensive search based on dozens of keywords when you have to try to comb through paragraphs of emails looking for exactly where these one or two keywords might be within the body of the email.

I am specifically talking about it highlighting any key words found within the body of the email within the message preview pane.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

#2 Martin Bignell

Martin Bignell
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:48 AM

Hi Josh

At this time search term highlighting is only present in the search results window but not the message preview pane.

A feature request can be raised for this functionality to be potentially added to the product, if this is something you would like please reach out to our support team and have a case raised.

https://www.barracuda.com/support

Martin Bignell
Lead Support Engineer – Message Archiver

#3 Josh Whitlow

Josh Whitlow
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:00 AM

Hi Josh

At this time search term highlighting is only present in the search results window but not the message preview pane.

A feature request can be raised for this functionality to be potentially added to the product, if this is something you would like please reach out to our support team and have a case raised.

https://www.barracuda.com/support

Any suggestions on best practices using your system for compliance review? We have a list of a lot of words and we need to spot check for these words appearing in emails. Do people normally just create a saved search, search, read emails? Whats your normal recommendations? Presently we use Office 365 Mail Flow Transport rules to forward words with the offending language to a shared inbox.

#4 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:06 AM

Hi Josh,

Yes, typically the things people use for compliance are saved search, policy alerts, and litigation holds.

Saved searches are as you said - make a search, run it, and then review the results. You can attach these to a policy alert, which is sent at a frequency you select. Whenever those offending emails come in, they'll be sent to you in a digest. You can then review them at your leisure.

Litigation holds keep mail around that would be deleted by retention. We see people who get sued a lot use this. You can ensure that mail isn't deleted if it needs to be kept around for legal discovery.

Feel free to email me at mlazaroff@barracuda.com if you'd like to chat more!

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff
Barracuda Message Archiver
Product Manager