• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spyros Delimpasis

Spyros Delimpasis
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 06:37 AM

Hello,

I have a new business partner who uses Barracuda Email Security Gateway.

The problem is that all our emails are quarantined as spam. The admin told me that our emails have "unsafety score" 3.7 out of 5.

We use SPF/DKIM in all our outgoing messages and our IP is not in any blacklist. Barracuda Central lookup page states that our IP does not have poor reputation and our domain is not not listed on Barracuda's Intent Block List. The categorization is wrong but I guess this has to do with URL filtering for the Web Gateway.

What is this unsafety score and what can I do with my emails in order to lower it?

Kind regards,

Spyros

#2 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

maybe links in the message or signature line? words used in the message body? Do you use a signature line and does it contain 'spammy' phrasing? We see messages from our clients or vendors getting blocked or quarantined from time to time because they'll include some really spammy terminology, or have at times used words or abbreviation that bumped up the score. In one instance a client kept trying to send us a SKU velocity analysis and had abbreviated the word analysis in such a way that it triggered a filter. We all had a good laugh. Business writing can tend to look really spammy in my personal experience. 

#3 Spyros Delimpasis

Spyros Delimpasis
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:27 AM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply

Our email gateway (not Barracuda) adds a disclaimer. It is very difficult to understand if any of the wording triggers the detection mechanism. So I will probably take the long way and install a trial version of Barracuda in our lab and see what's happening.

Spyros