DE GEYTER Zino
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:38 AM

Following errors has been given:

Server: EHB-SRV-GBSRITCS (10.2.216.16)
Backup Agent
Microsoft SQL
LocalServer/LPS - Unable to perform differential backup: an external program has made a full backup of this database. Please run a full backup before attempting another differential backup. - August 19 2019 9:32am CEST
LocalServer/OPCIntegrator - Unable to perform differential backup: an external program has made a full backup of this database. Please run a full backup before attempting another differential backup. - August 19 2019 9:32am CEST
LocalServer/XL5000 - Unable to perform differential backup: an external program has made a full backup of this database. Please run a full backup before attempting another differential backup. - August 19 2019 9:32am CEST
LocalServer/acsdld - Unable to perform differential backup: an external program has made a full backup of this database. Please run a full backup before attempting another differential backup. - August 19 2019 9:32am CEST
LocalServer/activator - Unable to perform differential backup: an external program has made a full backup of this database. Please run a full backup before attempting another differential backup. - August 19 2019 9:32am CEST
LocalServer/cloudconnector - Unable to perform differential backup: an external program has made a full backup of this database. Please run a full backup before attempting another differential backup. - August 19 2019 9:32am CEST

The recovery models on the SQL Server database(s) are set to Full Recovery Model.

I have a good connection with the backup agent and the BBS Backup Schedule is set to Smart.

Can anyone resolve this problem? I already tried reinstalling and re-scheduling the backup agent and schedule. Other SQL databases are being backuped just fine.

Thanks

#2 Admin

Admin
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:08 PM

I am having the same issue.  Did you find a solution.

#3 Tony Bryden

Tony Bryden
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:21 AM

I'm having this issue with two databases on my SQL server.

Do we have a resolution on this?? :( 

#4 IT Administrator

IT Administrator
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:57 AM

Opened a case with Barracuda 4 days ago with no response on this very issue.  I believe the fix is to execute a full backup of the database from within the agent/backup, but I do not know how that is accomplished.