Upgrading to 8.0.1

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Erik Kayhart

Erik Kayhart
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:33 PM

MSAD auth looks to be broken - MSAD works to log in to Control Center, but not into individual boxes

#22 Jonathan

Jonathan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:01 AM

Upgraded to 8.0.1 without doing a clean install. 

Everything looked OK to start with but we soon found out how buggy the firmware was in regards to dhcp wan connections.

We have 3 WAN dhcp connections.

The primary one worked 99% of the time as it has the lowest route metric.

Our other two connection went up and down like yoyo's continuiously. 

They were deleted and re-setup according to Barracuda documentation for 8.0.1. No dice. The gateway arent pingable on an NBN connection. Therefore we set other pingable addresses to check to see if the connection is up according to the documentation. ICMP traffic can be seen going in and out of the interface and it works for a period of time. Then the firewall in its wisdom kills the gateway as its unpingable. My theory is box pings out of the wrong interface for some reason or other at some point and brings everything down.

The long and short of it is that downgrading to 7.2.4 solved all the wan/vpn problems we were having.

I wasted 1.5 weeks trying to make this firmware upgrade work. At first I thought it was our ISP having problems but nope just a bad firmware upgrade.

#23 Jan Visscher

Jan Visscher
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:20 AM

When I try to do a clean install from 7.2.4 to 8.0.1 the firewall services are not migrated during the installation.

I created a PAR file from the firewall I want to migrate from the Control Center, and created a new USB with the "Barracuda Firewall Install 8.0.1 utility"

The control center and the cluster where the firewall is running in the CC is already updated to 8.0.x

What do I do wrong that the firewall services are not migrated during the installation?

#24 Mark Shanley

Mark Shanley
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:34 AM

Everything I have read through is concerning the firewall directly other than when Frank mentioned migrating a firewall on CC. Caution to those using CC. On the CC you will need to have the CC at 8.x first to manage any firewall 8.x. This will not remove S1 from the box (the CC box). Also on CC remember to create a new cluster for 8.x. I would recommend to anyone on 7.2.x to stay there. Not because 8.x is not good. The question is more about "why" do you need to upgrade. If you need the features that are provided in 8.x then ok. If your 7.2.x firewalls are performing fine and provide the features that you need then stay there! Barracuda will continue to support 7.2.x until June 2021. You will always be up to date with 7.2.x features and security fixes until then.

As far as the CC is concerned I have had no issues upgrading to or running 8.x

Here is a complet list of Barracuda support dates:

End-of-Support (EoS) plan for Barracuda NextGen- and CloudGen Firewall firmware, client, and utility releases
Firmware / Product Version Release Date EoS Date Maintenance Type
CloudGen Firewall 8.0.x November 2018 To be announced Long Term Support
CloudGen Firewall 7.2.x December 2017 June 2021 Long Term Support
NextGen Firewall 7.1.x July 2017 February 2020 Long Term Support
NextGen Firewall 7.0.x EoS
NextGen Firewall 6.2.x EoS
NextGen Firewall 6.1.x EoS
NextGen Firewall 6.0.x EoS
NextGen Firewall 5.4.x EoS
NextGen Firewall 5.2.x EoS
NextGen Firewall 5.0.x EoS
NextGen Firewall 4.2.x EoS
FSC 1.x October 3rd, 2016 currently no planned EoS date Long Term Support
FSC 2.x March 26th, 2018 currently no planned EoS date Long Term Support
Network Access Clients 5.x April 2018 April 2020 Long Term Support
Network Access Clients 4.x EoS
Network Access Clients 3.x EoS
Network Access Clients 2.x EoS
OS X VPN Clients 3.x currently no planned EoS date Long Term Support
CudaLaunch currently no planned EoS date Long Term Support
DC Agent 7.x currently no planned EoS date Long Term Support
DC Agent 6.x EoS
Terminal Server Agent 1.x currently no planned EoS date Long Term Support
Report Creator 2.x currently no planned EoS date Long Term Support
Barracuda Earth 2.x currently no planned EoS date Long Term Support
NG Remote for iOS currently no planned EoS date Long Term Support

#25 Louis Ren

Louis Ren
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

May I ask how to do a "fresh install" for virtual applience like VF1000? There is no guide about how to do a "fresh install" to virtual applience.

Thank you in advance.

#26 Mahesh Boda

Mahesh Boda
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:26 AM

unable to login to the F380 after installing update 8.0.1. please help

#27 Louis Ren

Louis Ren
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:18 PM

no one care?

#28 JeWe

JeWe
  • Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationGermany, NDS

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:20 AM

Support told me to wait for the next big update pack, wasn't able to solve our DHCP problem. This is a complete new firewall stack and problems described won't vanish with one or two hotfixes. Only question for me: When there so many bugs, why 8.0.1 isn't retracted from Barracuda?

Also keep in mind if you upgrade from 7.2.x: Virtual servers aren't supported anymore in 8.0.1. Nevertheless they are still in your configuration. So, if Barracuda tells you, let's say in a few month, you can't use this configuration anymore because of virtual servers, you have to reconfigure your settings. No hint how to do this at the moment.

@Louis: Why don't open a ticket?