• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:53 PM

Hello

This is and has been bugging me for a year now. When you sign up a new client and get to the smpt journal section and there is a run script button it never works. WHY? Why has this not been fixed? 

Also when we run the script to take control of the mailbox with the service account to have full access the command fails are import session and get-mailbox. Why does it state that the -getmailbox is not a valid command?

I would love some insight to these issues.

Thanks

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 560 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:45 AM

I haven't heard of any issues with that Run Script button. I would definitely call into support - they can diagnose if it's something strange on your browser or if there's an issue on our end.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Product Manager

#3 Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:27 AM

Thank you Maxwell.But I have been on the phone with Support twice and they blame Microsoft at this time. We been trying to use the script button for the last 12 times and it fails with just a basic error stating it cannot create the journal. It has become very frustrating to us as a MSRP.

#4 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:08 PM

Hi Scott,

I'm having a senior support engineer call you. They'll be in touch shortly.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Product Manager

#5 Erin Admin

Erin Admin
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:18 PM

This is also not working for us. We get an error "Error creating rule: Please try downloading and running the PowerShell script"    when running it from the Barracuda Cloud Control->Archiver interface and this error wen we run it from our own machines:

Import-Module : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp_qn0psfcq.cqn\tmp_qn0psfcq.cqn.format.ps1xml'.

At line:3 char:17

+ ...             Import-Module -Name $name -Alias * -Function * -Prefix $p ...

+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (:String) [Import-Module], CommandNotFoundException 

#6 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:09 AM

Hi Erin,

I think the only answer is to check with our Tech Support. I don't know that part of the product well and they might be able to help. Feel free to request a Tier II if the first guy on the phone doesn't know - they can get it escalated up and Engineering can take a peek.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Product Manager

#7 Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:22 AM

Hello Erin

They still do not know what the issue is. I been expecting a reply back from Jared from last time we talked and saw what was happening and was to go back to the engineers and come up with an answer but that has not happened. I just sent an email today to him directly asking him for an update.

#8 Erin Admin

Erin Admin
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

Scott, I was able to run the script on a Windows 10 Host after I restarted machine after applying updates, and re-ran Powershell (64-bit) as Administrator in order for it to succeed. I'm not sure exactly what was causing the issue before as I had connected to several sessions of our Office365 instance before. It may have been the run as admin that did it.

That still doesn't explain why it doesn't run without issue on Barracuda's own system however.

#9 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:41 AM

Scott - does using Erin's approach work for you? If so I can update our documentation to include those items.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Product Manager