Photo

User Married, Name change causing issues with relationship to email archives

Best Answer Maxwell Lazaroff, 31 October 2019 - 08:55 AM

You could probably solve it by making a local LDAP user with the aliases added on manually. I'd really be interested to pull down the user's LDAP record and see what it looks like though - if you call into support they can check it out for you more thoroughly. Typically there's something goofy with how the aliases or UID attribute is set up, and just examining the record will be easiest to debug it.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Product Manager

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brian K. Kinney

Brian K. Kinney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:23 AM

As the title says, I have a user that was recently married. He name changed, so we took all the appropriate measures to update her name in all pertinent places.

When I browse to the Cloud Archiver via a browser, it allows me to log in with both her new name and her old one. But once we are in, there are no options. All the designations on the left of the screen are greyed out, even the one titled Archiver.

When I try to set up her Outlook Addin, and attempt to log in that way, I get the same results with both usernames, but the result itself is different. The error given is "Your username or password are incorrect. Please enter complete email address and domain (LDAP) password.

I suspect there is an underlying issue with the permissions on the email belonging to a user that doesn't exist anymore. Could this be the case? If so, what are my steps to resolve?

Thanks very much in advance for taking the time to read!

Best,

Brian

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 564 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:55 AM   Best Answer

You could probably solve it by making a local LDAP user with the aliases added on manually. I'd really be interested to pull down the user's LDAP record and see what it looks like though - if you call into support they can check it out for you more thoroughly. Typically there's something goofy with how the aliases or UID attribute is set up, and just examining the record will be easiest to debug it.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Product Manager