Photo

Outbound Filtering Multiple Domains

SBR Sender Based Routing Outbound Filtering Exchange 2010

Best Answer Michelle Exner, 22 November 2019 - 12:03 PM

If you have one exchange server for all your domains then you configure your smarthost to use just one of the ESS outbound smarthosts (pick any domain in your account you want)

All your mail will be sent to that smarthost and as long as the Envelope FROM address of the mail is in your account the mail will be allowed and processed.

If you have different outbound rules for each of your domains then please call into support and ask them to verify that the back-end setting "Outbound Email Domain" is checked.

This will tell your account to your your account to use the sending domain for the log/policy settings instead of the account listed on the outbound IP page.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robert Castillo

Robert Castillo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:07 PM

Does anyone have a plugin they recommend to implement Sender Based Routing in Exchange 2010? I accept email for 10 different domains and want to make use of the outbound filtering offered in ESS but Exchange does not natively allow email to be routed out a specific Smart Host on a Per Domain Basis.

Can i route email from all my domains to any of the outbound connectors shown in ESS?

Thanks,

#2 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:03 PM   Best Answer

If you have one exchange server for all your domains then you configure your smarthost to use just one of the ESS outbound smarthosts (pick any domain in your account you want)

All your mail will be sent to that smarthost and as long as the Envelope FROM address of the mail is in your account the mail will be allowed and processed.

If you have different outbound rules for each of your domains then please call into support and ask them to verify that the back-end setting "Outbound Email Domain" is checked.

This will tell your account to your your account to use the sending domain for the log/policy settings instead of the account listed on the outbound IP page.

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300