Yosemite Add client server

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jojo

Jojo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:25 AM

Any one can help to add client server to master server in yosemite server backup?? When i install client server it comes on master server as offline and without any file system. Is there any configuration I have to edit? Please update.

Thanks 

Jojo

#2 Jim Peters

Jim Peters
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:22 AM

Open Windows Services and restart the Yosemite Server Backup service.     Also stop and start the YSB software on the client end and then the master server.

Please be aware that the Yosemite Server Backup software is a product that has reached its end-of-life in 2017.    The release notes for 10.6 I find here: https://campus.barra.../release-notes/ indicate support up to Windows Server 2016, Windows 10.    It also no longer supports versions of Red Hat 4 or earlier.   This would include similar release numbers for CentOS.   I can vouch for the 10.4 version still working across Windows Server 2088 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2.  As I am on an older version I have never tried Windows Server 2016 with it.    If you are trying to use it with Windows Server 2019, Red Hat 8 or CentOS 8, you are running YSB software on an operating system that it has no idea of.

#3 Nick Franklin

Nick Franklin
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:39 AM

I’m running the last version as a client on Server 2016 with Server 2012R2 as the master and its working fine.

#4 Jojo

Jojo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:30 AM

Thank you guys, actually what happen, some virus attack our servers and we lost software and data. We reinstall software 10.5 in server and client server and server side working good. while client show offline and cann't restore data to that server. I try to install client on another computer also show offline. I think there is some edit configuration need. After installing 10.4 and do restart service also no help.