Backup Replicate Local

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike Nie

Mike Nie
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:28 PM

As I type this, Barracuda is experiencing an outage of cloud-based backup replication.  It has been ongoing for 5 days.  The off-site replication is an integral part of our data protection plan.  Yet, here we are without it for an extended period.

This brought back a "wish" that I have had since first getting a Barracuda backup appliance.  At least I've looked and never found it.  How about allowing us to replicate to a server on our own network?  I have ample storage space on servers in off-site locations linked by GB fiber.  One of these holds a mirror of our email archiver data store.  It works great.  But they want me to buy a second backup appliance to provide the off-site backup they can't.

Why can't I send MY backup data across MY totally capable pipe, to MY server with abundant storage?  I am dependent on Barracuda, who has now dropped the ball for 5 days and all they can say is "Sorry, we're working on it, but we have no idea when it will be fixed."  We have no off-site backup of our data since it started.

This is totally out of character for Barracuda.  We have numerous appliances and services from them that have always been rock solid until now.  That's why I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Not sure how a company provides a mission critical  service like this that has a failure mode that takes it offline for a week.

#2 Hubert Mróz

Hubert Mróz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:24 PM

Hello Mike Nie,

Did you try using Backup Export Tool? Per description:

The Backup Export Tool allows you to perform manual and scheduled exports of data revisions stored from a Barracuda Backup appliance to external media like tape, disk or NAS. This software should be installed on a host which is connected to the external media and the host IP address must be configured within SYSTEM > Barracuda Backup Appliance Settings.

Regards,
Hubert