Photo

Client-To-Site VPN Profile can't be found

Best Answer George Antonas, 04 February 2020 - 06:03 AM

Hi everyone,

I just been on the phone with the support and we have found the problem.

The settings were all correct.

According to the manual when you create a new External CA, under IPSec IKEv1 you have to remove the tick located top right corner.

Unfortunately every time you go to edit anything in the policy, the tick is automatically set. For now you have to remove it manually every time before saving the changes.

This is a GUI Bug and the support engineer of Barracuda is going to escalate the issue for a bug fix.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 George Antonas

George Antonas
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:21 PM

Hi all,

I'm currently in the test phase of our Barracuda F80B to replace our dying Cisco ASA.

Shame there is no migration tool to move over the settings.

So far I managed to get the a Site-To-Site VPN working, although I felt harder than on a Cisco ASA. I also managed to get the Barracuda NAC to connect from a remote location.

Unfortunately after following the guides to create an IPSec with PSK VPN so we can connect with Android 9 Phones it seems I can't get it to work.

Looking at the logs of the Barracuda it seems it can't find the Group Policy and it always falls back to the IPSec-Default policy, which of course does not work because it does not match the settings of the Android VPN Client.

What also seems to be a bit strange is that when I use the Firewall Admin and go in the VPN Tab I can see the Site-To-Site VPN even when not connected. There is nothing under Client-to-Site VPN. Is this normal or does my Firewall have issues saving the profiles so that they can be used?

I have even tried to connect with Shrew Soft where I can specify the exact proposal and still can't connect because it can't find the Policy.

Am I correct in assuming that the group policy name under External CA is the one to use as the IPSec identifier?

Did anyone come across anything similar?

Thanks for any help.

#2 George Antonas

George Antonas
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:03 AM   Best Answer

Hi everyone,

I just been on the phone with the support and we have found the problem.

The settings were all correct.

According to the manual when you create a new External CA, under IPSec IKEv1 you have to remove the tick located top right corner.

Unfortunately every time you go to edit anything in the policy, the tick is automatically set. For now you have to remove it manually every time before saving the changes.

This is a GUI Bug and the support engineer of Barracuda is going to escalate the issue for a bug fix.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

#3 Tiago Muniz

Tiago Muniz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:52 AM

Hello guys...

I have a problem creating users on VPN.

I created a User and I can't get him to connect to the VPN.

Users who were already created, access the VPN normally, only new users created who have this problem.

Could you check this out for me?

I created it from scratch and also the option to clone other users, and it didn't work.

Has an update occurred recently?