hotmail emails getting blocked.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ray Fang

Ray Fang
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:35 PM

Our users are reporting a lot of emails from hotmail accounts are getting blocked, but those emails are not even showing in barracuda message log.

Is there any known issue with barracuda rejecting hotmail messages recently?

Thanks,

#2 opjose

opjose
  • Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C. Area

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:45 PM

I'm not seeing it.

If they are not showing up in the message log then do you know if there are any actual delivery attempts?

Have you checked your Internet Firewall to check connections from the servers?

#3 Ray Fang

Ray Fang
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:53 PM

Our Barracuda Email security is cloud service not on premise. Therefore, I believe if the message is not showing in barracuda message log that means the message is blocked or lost before reaching Barracuda's mail server which is outside my company network or firewall.

#4 opjose

opjose
  • Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C. Area

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:27 PM

That could be.

You may want to talk to Barracuda Tech Support so they can debug.

Ideally have a Hotmail account open so you can send messages while they watch.

#5 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:44 PM

Ray,

First I would like to point out that we have a support forum for the Barracuda Email Securty gateway (our hardware device) and for Barracdua Email Security Service which is the cloud filtering service. 

Please ask questions about the cloud fitlering service in Email Security Service.

As to your question. If mail is being sent to your users from Hotmail and it is not in our logs then it is being blocked before getting to our service.

There can be many reasons for this but if the mail is not in our logs there isn't a lot we can do.

You should have one of the Hotmail users that can't send you mail contact Microsoft and find out why the mail is not being delivered.

It could be something as simple as a typo or as complicated as local spam filtering.

Sincerely,

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300