Quarantine Notification Emails

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jere Austill

Jere Austill
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

I would like to request the ability to add a user so that they can receive daily Quarantine Notification Emails for their email address with a list of their undelivered emails WITHOUT the link to login and download viruses.

The reason an admin uses ESS is to prevent shutting down their business by someone who does not understand ransomware and viruses.

It would be very helpful if the recipient of the email got a list of their undelivered emails so that they could ask the admin to check one or more of them WITHOUT giving them a link to download the email.

Now when they get an email list from Barracuda they can see their list of undelivered emails AND ALSO they can just click a link and download the ransomware so that they can "accidentally" run it and shut down the business/hospital/whatever.

#2 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 409 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

Jere,

I don't know what Email Security Gateway you have but if you don't want users to see or manage their own quarantine account you can set the ESG up for Global Quarantine and have all quarantine notices set to a quarantine administrator who can then decide what mail should be delivered (if any)

There is however no way to show users their quarantined mail on the ESG and not allow them to deliver the mail.

If you want a feature like this then I suggest moving to the cloud based Barracuda Email Security Service which has the ab8iltiy for users top see the FROM/TO/Subject of their blocked and quarantined mail but it can be configured so they can not read the body or deliver the mail.

Sincerely,

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300

#3 Charlie Montgomery

Charlie Montgomery
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

Michelle,

Can you point me in the direction of where in ESS (tab, section) I would accomplish this? I'd love to be able to do this as well. Thanks!

"If you want a feature like this then I suggest moving to the cloud based Barracuda Email Security Service which has the ab8iltiy for users top see the FROM/TO/Subject of their blocked and quarantined mail but it can be configured so they can not read the body or deliver the mail."

#4 Jere Austill

Jere Austill
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:41 AM

Michelle,

Sorry, posted in the wrong forum ESG instead of ESS

It can not be done in ESS

I have been told by Barracuda tech that the following is not currently possible:

"Barracuda Email Security Service which has the ability for users to see the FROM/TO/Subject of their blocked and quarantined mail but it can be configured so they can not read the body or deliver the mail."

I will repost my request in ESS

#5 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:24 PM

Jere,

That is correct, there is no way for users to not manage their own quarantine in ESS

ESS has no global quarantine configuration. It is a feature request that may be added to the firmware in a future release.

Sincerely,

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300

#6 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:28 PM

Charlie,