Quarantine Notification Emails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jere Austill

Jere Austill
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

I would like to request the ability to add a user in ESS (Barracuda Email Security Service) so that they can receive daily Quarantine Notification Emails for their email address with a list of their undelivered emails WITHOUT the link to login and download viruses.

The reason an admin uses ESS is to prevent shutting down their business by someone who does not understand ransomware and viruses.

It would be very helpful if the recipient of the email got a list of their undelivered emails so that they could ask the admin to check one or more of them WITHOUT giving them a link to download the email. 

Now when they get an email list from Barracuda they can see their list of undelivered emails AND ALSO they can just click a link and download the ransomware so that they can "accidentally" run it and shut down the business/hospital/whatever.

#2 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

Jere,

Under users/default policy you can set up users so they can not view or deliver blocked mail.

The user would need to ask the admin to deliver these messages that they can see in their log.

Note that any mail that is classified as a virus can not be delivered or downloaded by the user or the administrator

I have created a feature request to prevent users from viewing and delivering quarantined mail as well as blocked mail.

That has been accepted but it not currently on our roadmap so I don't know when or if this will be added.

Sincerely,

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300