Support cases

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Janis Mikelsons

Janis Mikelsons
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:47 AM

Could anyone with an experience explain how support cases in barracuda works? We have active subscription status for energize updates and instant replacement, but these does not provide opportunity to create support cases? We created one a week ago, it stayed there with no answer and then was closed without any comments. We wrote to emeasupport@barracuda.com and it looks like it went straight to "closed cases", again with no further comments or reason why it was closed. Our only chance to get Barracuda (300) work properly is to bash it till it physically breaks and ask for replacement unit, hoping that exported settings will import properly?

#2 Jaybone

Jaybone
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:08 AM

In my experience, just call the support number and talk to someone, or fill out the form on this site and someone will call you, generally within a few minutes.

#3 Jaybone

Jaybone
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:38 PM

...and of course, something's up.  I put in a ticket a few minutes after writing the above post.  Almost 90 minutes later, no call, and not even an email confirmation that the case was created

#4 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:45 PM

Janis,

First, I would not recommend "bashing" your unit until it breaks. 

As to the cases you are requesting being opened.

You are not listed in our database as an allowed contact for your unit

When we get in requests for this we contact the company via email and ask them if you are an authorized representative.

Your company contact responded back that you are not authorized so the ticket was closed.

you will need to get that sorted out at your company.

You need to be added as a valid contact for your account at Barracuda Networks.

Sincerely, 

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300

#5 Janis Mikelsons

Janis Mikelsons
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:38 AM

Thank You, Michelle, for your replay. I would like to know who replayed, because I was the one who created the support case, got e-mail saying "...The ticket is pending approval that the contact has authorization ." Replayed asking "What kind of additional information is required to affirm that this contact has authorization?" and the ticket was closed. There should be only me, but unfortunately I can't check if anyone else in company got any additional e-mail from Barracuda and responded instead of me, because I can't see Message Logs. As I am looking in Barracuda Cloud Control, I am the only user there. Maybe I'm limited to what I can see. Could You be so kind and check who is the authorized contact? The problem we are having is rolling on for more that a week already and It really worries me. Please replay on my e-mail or PM.

#6 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:07 AM

Janis,

For security reasons I can not provide you with that information

We contact the authorized contact for your company in our database

I recommend that you call into our support number and work with out staff who can help you get added as an authorized contact.

The number to call is in my signature.

Sincerely,

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300