Photo

Feature request - Automatically remove deleted SharePoint sites from back-up source

SharePoint Sites Backup Active sites Deleted sites Warning Could not retrieve item Back-up Feature request

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 Bart den Hartog | Tredion

Bart den Hartog | Tredion
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 04:11 PM

Hello,

I would like to request a feature for back-up in Essentials regarding SharePoint sites.

What I want is that when a site is deleted in SharePoint, Essentials no longer tries to back-up that site because in SharePoint it is listed under Deleted sites.

Current situation: All sites in SharePoint are backed-up via Essentials, the moment you delete a site in SharePoint it moves to the tab Deleted sites. Essentials however doesn't know that and tries to back-up the deleted site. This results in the following warning message: Could not retrieve item from Microsoft. Will be retried on the next backup.

These warnings are causing 'false alarms' in our monitoring software.

I also deleted the site via SharePoint Online Powershell to be sure it's completely removed from SharePoint, all good so far. But Essentials still keeps the deleted site in it's back-up source and returns with the same warning.

It is possible to exclude a site from the back-up source so the warning will go away but than a new problem occurs. When an exception is made in the back-up source, newly created sites will not be automatically selected in the back-up source and will not be backed-up. So I think that would be the next problem to solve.