Photo

cannot install a renewed certificate

Best Answer Michael Manning, 09 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

OK, tech got back to me and clued me in to a trick. Basically you do exactly as you described above, which is to switch to Barracuda default certificate and click Save. You will still see the old certificates in place, so you click to 'Clean all unused files'. You may have to 'Clean all unused files' twice if the old and new certificates where both shown. Once you do this there should be no certificates shown. Now upload the new certificate and key. Once you do this the new cert will show as in use and will operate as expected

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:53 PM

For the third year in a row I cannot load a renewed certificate. I can upload it and it shows as being in use, but so does the old certificate. What is going on here??? Am I the only person who runs into this??? I currently have a ticket open and am waiting for a tech to get in touch with me.

#2 Dan Shadix

Dan Shadix
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:23 PM

I just tried this and see the same thing. I used the clear all unused files button and it removed the new cert and left the old one.  Tried switching to the Barracuda default and then back but it just still shows the old certificate.

#3 Dan Shadix

Dan Shadix
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:41 PM

Support removed all my old certificates.  I uploaded the new one along with the chain file and the tech had to save it and enable it for me.  Working great now.

#4 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:43 PM   Best Answer

OK, tech got back to me and clued me in to a trick. Basically you do exactly as you described above, which is to switch to Barracuda default certificate and click Save. You will still see the old certificates in place, so you click to 'Clean all unused files'. You may have to 'Clean all unused files' twice if the old and new certificates where both shown. Once you do this there should be no certificates shown. Now upload the new certificate and key. Once you do this the new cert will show as in use and will operate as expected