Photo

Doesn't contain conditional for Outlook add-in or desktop search app

Search enhancements

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 IT Department

IT Department
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:47 AM

Yesterday one of our employees had an influx of a few thousand emails in the span of 2 hours from an ERP system of ours. This made it very difficult to find other emails mixed in with this batch. All of the emails in this batch began with the same three words in the subject line. It occurred to me that a search in which I could have a condition, where subject "doesn't contain" x, would be very useful in returning a list of the other emails not a part of this batch. 

This feature is present in the Cloud portal email search, so I was able to use it to pull a list of those "other" emails and sent the list to the employee, BUT it would be great if this was possible in the Outlook add-in and the desktop Archive search app.

If I am overlooking an existing method to use a "not" in an email archive search in either the add-in or desktop app, I would be grateful to learn how to do it.

If this kind of search is currently not possible in the add-in or app, I would appreciate it if others who would like this ability would let Barracuda know too.

Kevin