Photo

Client stopped working

client ysb

Best Answer Nick Franklin, 02 June 2020 - 05:23 AM

Well after a lot of hair pulling, it was the Master server/Domain Controller. The last update and subsequent reboot caused the Network to switch to Public from Domain and because of this the firewall port settings didn't work as they were configured for the Domain network as expected. As a quick fix I opened port 3817 on the Public side and the client now works. Just need to fix the network issue on the DC. For the record the issue of the networks switching after install, update or reboot is still present in Server 2019. Good old Microsoft.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nick Franklin

Nick Franklin
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:32 AM

I'm running Yosemite Server Backup 10.6 and have been since 2014. We have a Server 2016 client that suddenly does not want to connect to the master backup server since an update a few weeks ago. The master is showing the client as offline and a Red Cross is on the tray icon of the client.

The trace log refers to the following: -

05/31/2020 10:58:44 AM Msg: Failed to load library C:\Program Files\Barracuda\Yosemite Server Backup\win\x86_64\ytwinbri.dll Last error: 126

05/31/2020 10:58:44 AM Ins: Driver bri could not be loaded
05/31/2020 10:58:44 AM      Error 40 - Module load failure

The file ytwinbri.dll does not exist on either the client nor the master.

I've gone back through my shadow copies prior to the issue and cannot find this file ever existing, so completely at a loss as to what has gone wrong.

Any ideas please.

#2 Nick Franklin

Nick Franklin
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:23 AM   Best Answer

Well after a lot of hair pulling, it was the Master server/Domain Controller. The last update and subsequent reboot caused the Network to switch to Public from Domain and because of this the firewall port settings didn't work as they were configured for the Domain network as expected. As a quick fix I opened port 3817 on the Public side and the client now works. Just need to fix the network issue on the DC. For the record the issue of the networks switching after install, update or reboot is still present in Server 2019. Good old Microsoft.