Add Option Page to add checks to whitelisted e-mails

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 MajikUF

MajikUF
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:05 AM

I would like the option to turn on some of the checks for whitelisted IPs. Since whitelisted IPs don't go through any checks, this can "sometimes" create problem where you'd still like cuda to look at the e-mail. In my case, I'd like to be able to run LDAP queries to ensure that the e-mail address is correct before passing it on, but I could possibly see the use to use other checks as well. (subject, body filtering for obscenity, etc)What do we think about this?

#2 Erik Pitti

Erik Pitti
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California, USA

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:57 PM

This would truly be a helpful feature. Esp the ability for virus scanning and attachment/content filtering.

#3 punkki

punkki
  • Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:44 AM

I would like the option to turn on some of the checks for whitelisted IPs.

<AOL>Me too </AOL>

What do we think about this?

Seriously, checking if the address is valid should occur regardless of the whitelist: if the address is not valid, the message cannot be delivered, so there is no use in accepting it in the first place.It'd be very good to enable other features for whitelisted hosts as well. We've been forced to put the outgoing mail servers of the leading ISPs because they tend to get included in various blacklists for a short moment every now and then. But we would like to filter that mail as well.

#4 MajikUF

MajikUF
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

Now all we need is someone with some clout to read this message... I wonder if that will happen. :)