Change web admin's password and Admin IP/Range from console

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 morfila

morfila
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:48 AM

It would be great to have an easy way to change web admin's password and "Administrator IP/Range". When a 'cuda is installed in a customer for a demo, customers sometimes play with this values (even though I tell them not to do it) and some of them are not that organized to document all changes.I suggest the following possibilities:* Adding an option to the console menu (the one accessed with the keyboard and monitor) to allow changing the web admin's password and Administrator IP/Range. If changing these values makes the console interface complicated, it may be better to allow resetting these values to the defaults.* Modifying the reset button behavior to reset web admin' password and Administrator IP/Range after pressing the button for, lets say, 30 secs.I believe the first option is better because it adds a minimum of difficulty (the console admin's password must be known).

#2 morfila

morfila
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:15 AM

Now I see that this has already been answered in a former post:http://forum.barracudanetworks.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1941&highlight=which happens to be mine :-(It doesn't say anything about resetting the web admin's password. Is password resetting done the same way?Anyways, it would be nice to be able to do this from console.