Text-based statistics similar to stats_chart.cgi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 seanmcpherson

seanmcpherson
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:27 AM

I'd like to have a simple CGI that produces output that can be embedded ina nother page without having to resort to screen-scraping. The text data on the front page is what my NOC guys need to be able to see w/o logging into the Barracuda to do so. We're currently grabbing the data, scraping it with a script, and republishing it. This is very silly, especially as you can access http://barracuda.customer.com/cgi-bin/stats_chart.cgi?stats_chart.cgi?stat_name=hour&report_type=breakdown&elem0=reject_throttle&elem1=bad_recipients&elem2=spam_block&elem3=virus_block&elem4=quarantine&elem5=tag&elem6=really_goodwithout a password and get the graphs. Just take the script that tosses the info to the front page and make it a standalone as well, and you'll have lots of happy customers :)Thanks!

#2 chobbs

chobbs
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:23 PM

A script to get the status page already exists in 3.0 ... if you have that release please see the release notes for details. If not, and you wish to get the 3.0 series before we release to all, feel free to contact support.- Chris

#3 seanmcpherson

seanmcpherson
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:26 PM

I totally spaced out and missed that. I'd emailed Steve and Denis a while back and they were still going with my screen scraping idea :) Woo!

#4 cgrzadziel

cgrzadziel
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:09 PM

I believe you are referring to http://your_ip:port/cgi-bin/stats.cgi.This is a good start, but it only contains the queus and cpu util.It would sure be nice to include number stats about how many e-mails were processed and how many were blocked, etc. just like in the e-mail statitics secion of the basic status page.