Jump to content


Photo

The Outlook SPAM button plugin


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 cdukes

cdukes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:17 AM

What is this plugin supposed to do?When I look at the bayesian tab after clicking on this button, the number of "spam" or "not spam" doesn't increase. The Outlook client doesn't seem to do anything other than just delete the email. Have I misconfigured something perhaps?

#2 chobbs

chobbs
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:45 AM

The Outlook plugin only affects a per-user database. The global database can only be added to by the admin using the message log in the web GUI.- Chris

#3 cdukes

cdukes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:08 AM

Ok,But it still doesn't seem to be doing anything other than deleting emails...how can I verify that it's working?

#4 chobbs

chobbs
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:36 AM

If it doesn't give you an error then it is successfully submitting back to the barracuda that scanned it. A future version of the plugin will show you a classified count, but it isn't available with the current version.- Chris

#5 cdukes

cdukes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:56 AM

Hmmm,I just ran a sniffer trace and see zero traffic between the mx server (barracuda) and my workstation whenever I click that button. So, as far as I can tell, it's not doing anything. Is there no way to verify operability? I don't want to give my customers something that does not work -- nor do I want to provide them with incorrect or misleading information.

#6 chobbs

chobbs
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:21 AM

It shoudl be trying to contact the Barracuda over HTTP. Please check that the message you are trying to classify has an X-Barracuda-URL inside of it and that you can reach that URL from your workstation.- Chris

#7 cdukes

cdukes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:12 PM

Ok, I think I see the problem, there is no X-Barracuda-URL, here's an example:Have I missed something in the config? (I do have it turned on, at least I thought I did)Received: from xx.com [xx.xx.202.151] by mail with ESMTP (SMTPD32-8.05) id A9CE2CE7014E; Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:03:58 -0400Received: from 201-1-33-95.dsl.telesp.net.br (unknown [201.1.33.95]) by xx.xx.com (Spam Firewall) with SMTP id 187152016BAF for <xx@xx.com>; Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:08:40 -0400 (EDT)Received: from 106.156.128.152 by 201.1.33.95 Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:04:39 -0100Message-ID: <zuwnwnfqzstYtcHSDdqdQwInz5@hotmail.com>From: "Dye" <Watkinsxqev@yahoo.com>Reply-To: "Dye" <Watkinsxqev@yahoo.com>To: xx@xx.comSubject: Hey its meDate: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:10:39 -0600X-Mailer: sally canonshaggy-appellant: denunciate dortmund chantryMIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--873625210210454295" X-Virus-Scanned: by Barracuda Spam Firewall at xx.comX-RCPT-TO: <xx@xx.com>Status: RX-UIDL: 389481549

#8 chobbs

chobbs
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:37 PM

You can't strip Barracuda headers and have the plugin function. See Advanced->Email Protocol to correct.- Chris

#9 cdukes

cdukes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:23 PM

Got it, it's working now...Thanks!