Photo

Spam summary in outlook junk mail folder.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 16jamesah

16jamesah
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:10 AM

I was just informed by some users that the Spam Quarantine Summary is going into their outlook junk mail folder. I cannot remove the Barracuda Spam Firewall for the spam list. Outlook does not see it as a valid email address. Small Business Server 2003 with XP Pro workstations. Outlook 2003 for E-mail. Thank you,

#2 hmalhi1

hmalhi1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:31 PM

add email address that barracuda uses to send quarantine summary to safe sender list in outlook 2003.

#3 John Gerlach

John Gerlach
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:02 PM

You CAN customize the address used on those notifications. I recommend you use some address from your domain. Then you can add your domain to the safe senders list within Outlook (if you need to do so).Check under the Basic Tab and the Quarantine subtab and you should see the various addresses used by default. These are able to be modified to suit your needs. Choose wisely.(Edited cuz I thought this was in the Expert Variables tab but it's even easier to get at).

#4 Ben Serebin

Ben Serebin
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:23 AM

Hello,You don't want to send the Spam Reports to Junk E-mail since Outlook's Junk Email doesn't render HTML. I would create another folder for users called "Spam" and a rule to move those quarantine reports there.-Ben